TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Your 2nd version translator did cure this issue some of us..
People Seeking Info

Subject Your 2nd version translator did cure this issue some of us..

Posted by Cap927(Boston) on June 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 693 times.

In Reply To OFFICIAL UPDATE: Here's where things are as of today... posted by Jim (Selin Design) on June 11, 2012 at 05:35 PM

Message were having.
I have the Phillips HID kit purchased through Bernie Bilski so I don't think just the low quality ballasts as causing the issue, and as advised by you as well as SZ, I wrapped the ballasts and even cables going to the bulbs with heavy gauge aluminum foil (used in roofing since it's a heavier gauge than household foil), put the translator as far possible from the ballasts and still almost got rear ended by a tour bus because I lost total power at 65MPH and all I could do was coast across 3 lanes to the breakdown lane. Shut car off and restart with the headlights still on and the car ran fine.
What I noticed was that the issue only happened at the initial bulb warm-up as you mentioned and/or if I flipped the highbeams while driving at night with the lights on.
So until I received the new version what I would do to get around the problem was to turn the lights on then turn the car on 3-5 minutes later or until the bulbs are fully warmed.

Since receiving your 2nd version translator all issues fixed. So once again, great product, great customer service by you as well as SZ and I got to keep both HID and Selin kit.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.